Blaqk Fire Revenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for AFI, Blaqk Audio & Hunter Revenge fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your most cherished AFI memory?

Go down 
+3
jbmoongirl
lunatofu
liebling
7 posters
AuthorMessage
liebling
Admin
liebling

Your most cherished AFI memory? Empty
PostSubject: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:57 am

Okay, let's all share a moment in our history as AFI fans that is really important to us. It can be anything from situations that involve the actual band to a moment when their music or even they as people brought you together with someone who's special to you now. Just anything you'd like to share, really.

The "biggest" moment for me was seeing them at the radio gig in Potsdam in 2006. I had seen and even briefly met them before and knew they were amazing and sweet. But that day was just one incredible "Wow!" after another. First of all, it was the shock of finding out we would be right in front of them - and were, actually, even though we were separated by a window. Then it was followed by the amazing situation of all of us sitting there in complete silence because we wanted to hear what Davey and Jade were saying in their interview. I don't know how the others felt but to me, it was a great bonding moment, even though we weren't talking. Then, inside the studio, it was another shock to find out there wasn't even a barrier und the people who had already changed my life so much were less than 2m away from me. It was just crazy and I still don't know how I managed to speak calmly when I was handed the mic because all I remember is me going "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." in my head - and yes, even the voice in my head was squealing!

And then, of course, meeting them after the show. You could see they were SO tired. Especially Davey. With the other three guys, you mostly saw it in the way they moved and the way their voices sounded tired. But as soon as Davey walked out, I noticed that he looked like a ghost, so pale and with dark rings under his eyes. And still, these amazing guys took the time to talk to ALL of us, take pictures with ALL of us and were just incredibly patient and sweet. When I think of myself when I'm even a tiny bit tired at work, I wouldn't want to be near me. And here were these four guys (well, five including Smith) who hadn't slept properly in at least two days and not only were they taking the time to deal with us, they were also sweeter than anyone else I've ever met. I'm sure we all told them a lot of crap they've all heard before and yet, they listened to it all and made smalltalk. That was the moment I knew that I would be in love with this band forever. Because, as special as their music is to me, I know there are a lot of bands who write good heart-felt music and who are great musicians but this was the first and only band so far that I've met and that were so genuinely nice and amazing despite the miserable state they were in! They just deserve all the love and worship they can get!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schwarze-segel.de
lunatofu

lunatofu

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:06 pm

I think that the best memories I got from AFI are not directly from them but from the times I've spent with fellow DFers..... but since I'm sure you'd all rather read about an actual AFI memory I'll tell the tale of my first meeting of the band.
It was an exceptional day not only because I got to meet one of my favorite bands but because on this day I met one of my best friends. It was a ridiculously cold February day and I traveled 2 hours by car with someone that will not be named but that truly freaked me out. We got to the venue and I met Brandi (whom before this day I had only just talked to on myspace once or twice). We immediately clicked and chit chatted for the two hours in the freezing cold while waiting for Smith to let us inside for our meet and greet (which we both won Very Happy) When we finally got to go inside it seemed that the rest of the group was too nervous so I walked straight up to Hunter and introduced myself. Brandi talked to Davey first and since I was done talking to Hunter I went ahead and went to talk to Davey with Brandi. The man went to a meet and greet without a sharpie. I was prepared though so I let him use my purple sharpie, well turns out I ended up giving him my sharpie because I never got it back (I liked that sharpie Sad ) lol Anywho, next I talked to Jade. I was getting my sister's DU cover signed and when I asked Jade to sign it for me all he heard was sister and asked me: "Did you just call me sister?" I quickly responded: "Do you want to be my sister?" and he said "of course." Then he insisted that the sisters have their picture taken. After that is was off to talk to Adam. Now old blue eyes makes me nervous because he is the most down to earth normal guy in the band. I couldn't really get much out to talk to him, but I got my stuff signed and my picture. Unfortunately I didn't get my picture with Smith so I had to wait to see if I could track him down during the show. After the meet and greet we had some time to kill so we went to dinner at some terrible mexican food place. When we got back to the venue the person I originally came to the show with got into a bit of a semi-playful yelling match with Smith (I wanted to die of embarrassment) but I got up enough courage to ask smith to take a picture with me and he smiled and I got my picture. The show was fantastic as they always are. Highlights were Just like Heaven (one of my favorite songs ever) File 13 and overexposure. Also davey did his head walking, which I don't care how many times you've seen it its still awesome. The rest of the night was a bit awkward but despite all the weird stuff that happened in between it was still the best afi memory I have because it was the start to all the other awesome memories I have because of them. From traveling to Florida to meet more fellow Dfers (including Jeska) to talking 2 people into coming to Kansas for vacations and taking trips to go see AFI. Without this band I would not be who I am today.
Back to top Go down
jbmoongirl

jbmoongirl

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:07 am

I think my favorite AFI anything is that Davey's words gave me the courage and strength to end a 10 year long abusive relationship....and of course all the friends I've made and adventures I've had because of it. I think the majority of things that have transpired since 2006 has been directly or indirectly related to them.
Back to top Go down
liebling
Admin
liebling

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Wow, it's probably just me but reading these always puts a huge smile on my face <3
Back to top Go down
Tiina

Tiina

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Lets see if I can write anything that makes sense Very Happy
My most cherished AFI memory has to be the first time I saw them in 2006 and the whole trip to London and meeting new people. Couple of finns that liked AFI found me on Myspace one of them asked if I wanted to join them to see AFI in London and of course I said yes. I thought about taking some stuff with me to get signed but then I went "nah, like they're going to show up after the show" so I didn't take anything. At the airport I met bunch of other finns that I've never even seen or talked to (I think there were 15 of us if you count the two finns we'd meet in London). So, in London we met the two finns I've only talked online. Slept couple of hours in hostel and next morning headed to the venue. There were already some people (I remember Zoe sitting on the venue stairs) and we just hang around, went to get something to eat and walked around the venue in hopes of seeing someone.
I don't remember a lot from the show. I was standing near the sound booth with one of the finns and I was just so super excited to be there. Lots of butterflies in my stomach and lots of screaming Very Happy I missed the most of the show because I was too busy filming and taking pics with my crappy cam and thinking "omgomgomgomgomg".
After the show I bought couple of posters and I was in heaven. We decided to stay near the venue for awhile and then someone said Adam's there and I got so nervous and couldn't believe I'd got to meet him. We went to him, I got pic taken with him and I just froze. Ha, couldn't say anything but "thanks". I was just standing there with this stupid smile on my face. This is when I realized that Adam is the sweetest thing ever Very Happy Then someone said Davey's there too. I froze even more. (Haha, I'm getting those same butterflies on my stomach while writing this.)
So basicly I spend few hours just standing there looking at them and smiling like an idiot and got my poster signed by Adam, Davey and Hunter. After everything we went to get a bus to airport while some of us went back to hostel to grab our bags. It wasn't that long that we were back in Finland and I was so tired and hungry but too excited to get any sleep. It was the greatest day of my life. Seriously, I still get the happy and warm feeling inside me when I think about this. Oh, and I remember seeing Kathy there too but I was too shy to say anything Very Happy
I'm such a dork.
Back to top Go down
liebling
Admin
liebling

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:04 pm

^ Pff, are you kidding me? I was way too shy to talk anyone I didn't know, too. In fact, I think I met SO many people at the gigs in '06 / '07 that I never talked to until recently.
Back to top Go down
ZoeAimee
Admin
ZoeAimee

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 pm

I can't choose just one, it's simply impossible for me.

First one is the same one Kathy mentioned as I was there with her.
This was my very first time seeing them and what a first time it was! I can't put it better than Kathy did, I could basically just copy/paste it cause it's how I feel about it too.

Second one: When Adam told me that they'd decided to change the setlist and play Medicate for the very first time ever just for me and my friends who were following them around on the tour.

Third one: When Davey, Hunter and Adam came out to say goodbye JUST to me and the girl I was touring with after the last gig on the European tour this year. I've never seen Davey smile so big, that image is forever branded into my brain. It was such a brief moment but it was so utterly perfect.

Fourth one: When I was laughing and joking with Davey in Vienna because some guy was asking him stupid questions. It was the first time I felt like he didn't just look upon me as some random fan.

Fifth one: When I finally set out to introduce myself to Davey he goes "Hi Zoé" and shakes my hand... BEFORE I'd even told him my name. Granted he'd probably heard me tell Adam but just the fact that he did it blew my mind.

Sixth one: London 2006 (Where Tiina was as well Wink )
It was my first REAL gig, I'd been sitting in line for 19 hours, I was so tired I felt sick and wanted to cry. I was seconds from giving up and going home after waiting for 2 hours after the gig. I convinced myself to stay just a bit longer and then they came out and Davey hung around talking to us for almost two hours, myself and the finns actually left before he did cause they had to catch a flight back home.
He was talking for AGES to my friend Katie and she actually got a ride to the trainstation in their tourbus. AWESOME!

Seventh: When Davey dedicated Ziggy Stardust to my friends and I for doing the whole 2007 tour with them.

Eighth: When Davey asked who was at their last Berlin show in 2009 and I raised my arms and was like "MEEEE!!" haha And then he pointed at me and grinned, he said something but I don't remember what... Something along the lines of "I know you were"

9th: When Davey signed my arm, damn his hands are soft and he held my arms as if he was afraid I'd break (AWWW)

10th: Getting my picture taken with the entire band.

11th: When Adam told me he had fun watching my reactions when they played the same songs over and overrr again.

12th: Waiting around for the band in Vienna 2007 and then we just let them walk by us but Jade comes over and was like "Were you just gonna let us walk by?" We were like "Uhm... yeah" and he said it was the sweetest thing ever and stayed around talking and taking pictures with us.

13th: Zurich 2007 when Hunter hung out with us while we waited in line in front of the venue, talking about all sorts of random things such as the churches in Zurich, him trying to play the sounds of them for us on his video camera and him giving Kathy and I directions to Starbucks... which we never found.

Ok, I have more but I'll stop now Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hiddenpromises

hiddenpromises

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 5:20 am

ZoeAimee wrote:
I can't choose just one, it's simply impossible for me.
Ok, I have more but I'll stop now Embarassed
Fascinating! Keep going...
Back to top Go down
Tiina

Tiina

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:34 am

Yes Zoe, keep going!
All I can really say is "aaaaaaaaaw" Smile Your post made my day.
Back to top Go down
fortunefox

fortunefox

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 8:58 am

Wow this is hard...like Zoe there are so many. Obviously all the times spent with fellow DF'ers (at shows or otherwise) have been amazing and those memories I will cherish forever, but I'll list here some of my favorite experiences with AFI.
1. The first time I ever saw them live was huge. I flew to Boston where Hayley was at school; then me and Hayley went from there to Providence to see them. When we got there by luck we got into a radio meet & greet, we met all the band, got pics, things signed and it was just surreal. I thought I was gonna die. The show was amazing (The Explosion opened!)...the entire experience got me hooked on the band for life (as if I wasn't all ready hooked Wink)
2. When Davey signed my neck...he had to move my hair away and he was so gentle. Then 3+ years later (last show I saw them at Ritz, Tampa)he remembered that I had showed it to him the day after I got it tattoo'd at their next show. Man, does he have an amazing memory.
3. Holding Davey up during GCIST with one hand and filming it with another. I <3 that video!!!!!
4. Being on baracade in the center and at one show he was coming into the crowd and he grabbed my hand and the person next to me and sort of pushed himself up above us and into the crowd *sigh*
5. Me and Kate gave him a birthday card at the Ft. Lauderdale show this past November and he really loved it...it was one of those motion cards with music and he laughed at it (it had a flamingo in bling on the front and inside it said "you're so eye candy - Happy Birthday", and some song by Gloria Esteban was playing and he said something like...omg I'm old enough to actually know that song and cracked up Smile He looked so happy and adorable <3
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/fortunefox
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your most cherished AFI memory?   Your most cherished AFI memory? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your most cherished AFI memory?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blaqk Fire Revenge :: AFI :: AFI Everything-
Jump to: