Blaqk Fire Revenge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for AFI, Blaqk Audio & Hunter Revenge fans

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How did you find out about AFI?

Go down 
+10
shirleyc337
Tiina
tater tot
Jeska
ruthruthless
Dewi
ShellyVanAlen
jbmoongirl
ZoeAimee
liebling
14 posters
AuthorMessage
liebling
Admin
liebling

How did you find out about AFI? Empty
PostSubject: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:17 pm

Tell us your story of how you found and fell in love with them.

Personally, I saw the Girl's Not Grey video on TV a couple times and instantly liked it but it was always sort of playing on the side. I also kept seeing AFI threads on the old Placebo forum so finally, I gave in and paid proper attention to the song and I was instantly hooked. Then I ordered Sing the Sorrow...and that was when my sanity ended and was replaced by my love for this band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schwarze-segel.de
ZoeAimee
Admin
ZoeAimee

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:33 pm

I was a late bloomer. They're anything but known here so I'd never heard of them.
I was a member of a Placebo forum and in the beginning on 2006 I saw this thread that had all but exploded with posts, it was called "A Fire inside"
The name intrigued me so I looked at it and I've never ever seen such passionate talk of a band before.
I made a post in it saying I didn't know who this band was and asked for recommendations to songs.
I was recommended The Celluloid Dream, God Called in Sick today and Silver and Cold.

I tried out Silver and Cold (downloaded it illegally teehee, I was bad back then) and it happened to be the video.
I watched it and what happened inside me could never be described.
It was an instant feeling of "Where have you been all my life?" I was completely hooked for life, instantly bought everything with them I could get my hands on.
Got my first AFI tattoo just after a couple of months and now almost 5 years later I've seen them 35 times and met them more times than I can count.
I've been very very lucky and they are my world.
Back to top Go down
jbmoongirl

jbmoongirl

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 7:05 pm

I happened upon The Leaving Song Pt 2 by accident on Fuse....I heard it before I saw it and was intrigued but due to some mitigating factors going on in my life at the time, I sort of forgot about them until about a year later when my son was playing Madden and it had the same song on it.That was all it took Smile
Back to top Go down
ShellyVanAlen

ShellyVanAlen

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 am

I got into them when DU first came out. I loved Miss Murder and I was just getting into rock. I bought DU after my friend showed it to me. And I loved every song on the album except for The Missing Frame (But I love it now) I kept listening to DU and did a bit of research and fell in love with Days of the Phoenix. But I didn't continue with them, so I was stuck with DU. I got into other music. But AFI was always in my heart. Fast foward to Fall 09, I watched Ulalume and nearly fell in tears because I hadn't had internet so I had no way of looking them up again. I fell in love with them all over again.

Four years later from DU, I've got a tattoo for my dedication for them Smile
Back to top Go down
http://afallingdebutante.tumblr.com
Dewi

Dewi

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:15 pm

I had bought Q magazine in 2003, and it had an album review of Sing the Sorrow. It intrigued me, as did the picture that accompanied it, so I decided to check them out. Best decision ever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ruthruthless

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:30 am

2000 Target Super store
Back to top Go down
Jeska

Jeska

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

Sometime in 2001 I was on launch.com watching Bad Religion videos. American Jesus played, followed by Days of the Phoenix and Third Season. I fell in love. The end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Jeskuh
tater tot

tater tot

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:42 am

I used to watch the Silver and Cold video back in the day on After Hours on MTV when I would get off late at night after work. I never used to like the song so I would watch it "muted".

Some kid got a new ipod at work and was so shocked that I knew who AFI was, of course I didn't "know" know them, I just saw that one video. He downloaded a copy of Sing the Sorrow for me, which I had for years before I actually listened to it and fell in love. I admit, at first I didn't like it, Miseria Cantare was a bit scary and "cult-ish" to me and now I absoluely love every song. But really it wasn't until 2006 when I really got into all of their work, old and new.
Back to top Go down
Tiina

Tiina

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 2:10 pm

First time I saw them (and heard about them) was on MTV video music awards 2003. And I hate to admit it but it was Davey's hair that got me interested in the first place. Very Happy
Totalimmortal was the first song I heard and little later I ordered Sing The Sorrow.
Back to top Go down
shirleyc337

shirleyc337

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 am

I used to hear Silver & Cold a lot on the radio on my way to my prenatal check up in 2003. My husband would be making fun of "golden nostrils" when "cold in life's through" came on. So I decided to look them up online. Davey's appearance on their front page made me want to do more search on the band. Love at first sight sounds vain, but it worked out fine in this case Razz Then the whole thing with lyrics just got me hooked!! I didn't become as obsessed until after DU because I was too busy being a mom at that time, then followed closely by baby #2.
Back to top Go down
lynellmarie

lynellmarie

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:17 am

Okay, so my story is confusing and a little weird. It was about 1998 and I just heard a song of theirs at a festival/store. I like the song and then tried to find it and the band name for the longest time. It wasn't until around 2005 that I finally found that the band was called, "AFI."
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynellmarie
liebling
Admin
liebling

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:42 am

^ Haha, which song was it then?

I hate it when that happens. Usually, you have no way of finding out until you hear it again!
Back to top Go down
DarkVamp

DarkVamp

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 pm

I was first introduced to them when I catched the vid to Miss Murder on t.v and thougth the vocalist looked like in one of the Japanese bands I like. So I started cheking on them and fell in love.
Back to top Go down
lunatofu

lunatofu

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:17 pm

I found out about AFI similar to how Kathy found out about them. I was watching Fuse (music video channel that back in 2003 actually only played music videos) and I saw a video that took my breath away. If you didn't already know, I'm obsessed with Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the Girl's Not Grey video caught my eye. I had heard the song before on the radio and I liked it well enough but it wasn't until I saw the video that I started wondering about this AFI band. Then I heard they would be @ the Warped tour that I was going to so I went ahead and checked them out (2003 warped was the best line up in my opinion I'm just sayin') The second Miseria Cantare came on I knew that AFI was my new favorite band. The show blew me away. Girl's Not Grey remains my all time favorite AFI song because " what follows has led me to this place where I belong..." <3
Back to top Go down
liebling
Admin
liebling

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 12:27 pm

^ Haha, so cheesy but so true!
Back to top Go down
lynellmarie

lynellmarie

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 am

"^ Haha, which song was it then?

I hate it when that happens. Usually, you have no way of finding out until you hear it again!"

Okay, so it was 1999 actually. It was "God Called In Sick Today."
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lynellmarie
xStupidlamb

xStupidlamb

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Okay, so since no one is ever on here anymore and I just posted the link on my fb to get everyone here together:
I'll tell you my story on how I got introduced to AFI ( I thought I had already done so, but apparently not. So here we go).

It must have been faal/winter 2006 when I was 12 years old and decided to make a website on this childish site. You could rate and comment on other sites from people. So, I was just nosing through other people's sites when I came across the 'prelude 12/21 // Miss Murder' video. Just hearing and seeing Prelude 12/21 was all it took to instantly make me hooked. It intrigued me, my 12 year mini-me, ahaha. I didn't really liked Miss Murder, prelude was it all for me. I began looking for other songs by them and listened to Girls Not Grey, love like winter and silcer and cold.
I was so in love with Sing the Sorrow and I read an interview with Davey about DU and their live reacord I heard a voice a year later. How perfect they were on that live record, omg. I knew back then they would always be my favorite band.

It wasn't until 2009 that I realized how deep my love for their music reached. My uncle died from a tumor in his brain and all I could do was cry for days. I could only listen to this time imperfect. It was the only support I got.

I really wouldn't know what I'd do without my boys. I haven't seen them live yet, but when I do, I'll cry my eyes out. I love them so much :')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you find out about AFI?   How did you find out about AFI? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about AFI?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blaqk Fire Revenge :: AFI :: AFI Everything-
Jump to: